Louisville medical malpractice lawyers committed to helping injury victims
Each year, more than 200,000 people die in the United States as a result of medical mistakes.
In 2000, The Institute of Medicine released “To Err Is Human,” which asserts that the problem in medical errors is not bad people in health care-it is that good people are working in bad systems that need to be made safer. These include:
- Poor communication, unclear lines of authority of physicians, nurses, and other care providers.
- Disconnected reporting systems within a hospital: fragmented systems in which numerous hand-offs of patients result in lack of coordination and errors.
- The impression that action is being taken by other groups within the institution.
- Reliance on automated systems to prevent error.
- Inadequate systems to share information about errors hamper analysis of contributory causes and improvement strategies.
- Cost-cutting measures by hospitals in response to reimbursement cutbacks.
- Environment and design factors. In emergencies, patient care may be rendered in areas poorly suited for safe monitoring. The American Institute of Architects has identified concerns for the safe design and construction of health care facilities.
Doctors, nurses, hospitals that make mistakes need to be held accountable
If you or someone you love has been the victim of medical negligence in the form of an error or oversight by a trusted physician, surgeon, nurse, or other party, contact the Louisville medical malpractice lawyers of the Slechter Law Firm to learn more about your legal rights.
The Louisville medical malpractice attorneys at the Slechter Law Firm believe all medical professionals – whether they are doctors, nurses, or supporting staff – should work hard to ensure that they do right by their patients. When a medical professional makes a mistake and you suffer harm, our dedicated, caring Louisville medical malpractice lawyers are prepared to help you fight for financial compensation in cases involving:
- Wrong Diagnosis (Misdiagnosis)
- Delayed Treatment
- Improper Treatment
- Surgical Errors
- Emergency Room Errors
- Pharmaceutical Errors
- Dangerous Drugs
- Birth Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Hospital Negligence
Medical malpractice cases are about more than just money. They’re about justice, about holding people accountable for their actions so other people don’t suffer in the future.
Stand up for your rights and contact us today. We’re ready to meet with you and provided a free case evaluation. You are under no obligation to hire us. Just let us show you why we strongly believe we’re the right lawyer for your case. We work hard, study each case carefully and conduct extensive research – all with one goal in mind: to get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Contact us today and discover what a dedicated Louisville medical malpractice attorney can do for you. To reach us by phone, please call (502) 384-7400 or toll-free at (855) 598-7425. The Slechter Law Firm – driven to succeed, focused on results.