I Was In A Car Accident In Louisville KY And I Need Help
At Slechter Law Firm, our car accident lawyers in Louisville understand that it can be hard knowing what to do after you’ve been in a car accident. No matter what type of car accident you’ve been in, from accidents involving driver negligence, to a drunk driving accident, to a texting or cell phone accident, car accidents can leave drivers, passengers, and even innocent pedestrians at risk to suffer serious, potentially life-threatening injuries. The steps that you take immediately following a car accident could be the difference between earning compensation for your injuries and suffering a lifetime of hardship as a result of the accident. Contact a Louisville auto accident lawyer immediately to discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney who knows your rights.
What to do after a Louisville car accident
At the accident location:
- Pull over your vehicle immediately, determine if anybody has been injured, and call 911.
- Obtain information from other drivers involved in the accident, including insurance information, license number, and personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers.
- Obtain contact information for witnesses who saw the accident happen.
- Use your camera (or camera phone) to take photos of the accident scene, including damages to your vehicle, road conditions, and weather conditions.
- Do not discuss the accident with other drivers or witnesses.
- Do not accept responsibility for the accident.
After the accident:
- Visit a doctor or emergency room immediately if you experience any type of pain.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident and to give them contact information for other drivers involved in the accident.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report.
- If you’ve been injured, keep regular appointments with your doctor and keep him or her informed about the after effects of your injury.
- Do not give a statement to an insurance company before contacting a car accident lawyer at Slechter Law Firm.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Louisville today
No matter how large or small an accident might appear to be on the surface, injuries sustained in car accidents can have a long-term effect on the lives of you and your loved ones. Not only might you suddenly find yourself facing a long and painful recovery process. You might be coping with skyrocketing medical bills and lost wages after missing work. The person who caused the car crash might deny any wrongdoing or even try to blame you for the accident. To make matters worse, you might get pressured by his or her insurance company to accept a “low ball” settlement or have your claim denied altogether.
Car accidents happen fast in Kentucky and often take victims by surprise. That’s why you need an experienced car accident lawyer in Louisville on your side. At the Slechter Law Firm, our experienced attorneys know how to collect the right evidence and ask the right questions. We can review medical records, police reports, and if necessary we can send an accident reconstruction team to the scene of your accident to uncover the truth. Call the Slechter Law Firm today at (855) 598-7425 for a free case consultation.