Close Menu
Slechter Law Firm

Available 24/7

What can I do if my loved one is a victim of elder abuse or neglect?

Louisville Law Firm Frequently Asked Questions Video


Back to Louisville Law Firm FAQs Video Gallery

Video Transcription

You have a number of options if your loved one is being abused in a nursing home. First of all, bring it to the attention of the nursing staff, the director of nursing, the administrator. This is kind of a situation where the old adage of a squeaking wheel gets the grease is true. The person who is there, who is constantly present, who makes regular visits, who is adamant that his loved one is going to receive proper care, proper nutrition, hydration, turning, re-positioning, physical therapy, that person is going to be most effective as a advocate for his or her loved one.

If the complaints aren’t addressed, that person has the right to speak to someone at the states, such as an OMBUDSMEN or somebody at the inspector general’s office. And finally if the complaints are not resolved, if that person is not satisfied, they can contact an attorney who is experienced in dealing with nursing home neglect and abuse.

Share This Page: