About Our Louisville Law Office
Attorneys Mat A. Slechter and Meredith Kirklin Slechter established the Slechter Law Firm in Louisville, Kentucky. We are a small law firm dedicated to representing the rights of individuals, not insurance companies or large corporations. If you’ve been injured in an accident or need the assistance of a personal injury lawyer, we can help. No case is too big for us.
We pride ourselves on the personalized, hands-on attention we provide clients throughout Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee. We take every complaint seriously and treat every client with dignity and respect. Some of our practice areas include:
- Car & truck accidents – Auto accidents happen for a variety of reasons, including distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving and reckless driving. Serious injuries can often result.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle accident injuries can often be traced to other drivers who fail to share the road and strike a motorcyclist.
- Nursing home malpractice – Nursing home neglect can come in many forms, including physical neglect, elder abuse, patient malnutrition and inadequate monitoring.
- Wrongful Death – You may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit if a loved one died from injuries caused by someone else’s irresponsible behavior.
- Premises liability – Slip and fall accidents, porch collapse and stair collapse injuries often happen when property owners fail to keep their property in a reasonably safe condition.
- Workers compensation – Workplace injuries and construction accidents can be very complicated. Often, insurance companies will do everything they can to avoid paying you.
- Dog Bite – Medical expenses due to a dog bite injury can skyrocket fast. A Louisville dog bite lawyer can make sure you are reimbursed for all of your bills.
- Other Cases – Medical malpractice, product liability, traumatic brain injury and social security disability are just some of the other types of injuries our law firm handles.
Responsive to clients’ needs, driven to succeed, focused on results
We built our practice – and our reputation in the legal community – on our willingness to aggressively litigate cases and take them to trial if necessary. In fact, Mat A. Slechter and his former law partner tried more plaintiffs’ personal injury cases between 1998 and 2010 than any other law firm in the state of Kentucky. (Source: Kentucky Trial Court Review, Year in Review 2010, 13th edition)
Seek justice. Contact the Slechter Law Firm and put the power of a top-notch Louisville personal injury lawyer to work for you. To reach us by phone, please call (502) 384-7400 or toll-free at (855) 598-7425.